So Sunday night, I decided to attempt my first pie from scratch! I chose my favourite, strawberry rhubarb, and as you guys can see from my sister’s face it was pretty darn good. Especially the crust. YUM.
As great as it was, I think I’ll be tweaking the recipe a bit (which I adapted from Joy of Baking). The flavour was just the teensiest bit lacklustre imo. Wasn’t really sweet or tart oddly enough - but that might just be the quality of the fruit.
Either way I definitely suggest that recipe as a starting point. It’s real thorough and there are accompanying videos guiding you through crust creation and pie assembly.
Next up - good ol’ apple pie.
Excellent stuff right hurrrr.
- tothenextpage reblogged this from missterclean
- honeynmilk reblogged this from missterclean and added:
- shimmeringarmour reblogged this from missterclean and added:
- mallabami reblogged this from missterclean
- disco-and-zeppelin said: STOP IT! STOP BAKING THINGS AND NOT BRINGING ME ANY!! It is cruel and unusual torture…
- disco-and-zeppelin likes this
- missterclean posted this